Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seans appointment with the surgeon

Sean had an appointment this morning with the surgeon. The surgeon decided that it would be best to remove the "infected" lobe or perform an Lobectomy. The date is set for next week and they told Sean he could spend a few days obviously inpatient afterwards. Once he is out of the hospital he will have a recovery period of 6 to 8 weeks. Pneumonia is one concern after the surgery as well as the "scary" risks I stressed about during his biopsy such as internal bleeding and so forth. I looked up any other complications that could be a worry and came across something called lymphocytopenia which is a chronically low white blood count. I am keeping as positive as possible and with a little faith and prayer everything should be alright afterwards. I will keep this up to date when I have more to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment