Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday Night with Sean

We were told Sean has pneumonia which we were not aware of until now. The doctor felt pretty negative and said that Sean could either have a tracheotomy or they will continue to try and take him off the ventilator which was the choice we made for him for the moment. The other option was to take him off the ventilator and let nature run its course, meaning they will make him comfortable and hope for the best. He is paralyzed from the waist down for the moment and is still not "awake". He has tried to open his eyes several times when I speak to him and will squeeze my hand when I talk. I told him I loved him and asked if he loved me to squeeze my hand which he did. I think he knows what is going on he just cannot verbally talk to us I believe. I do not think he is happy at all about the tubing but for now it cannot be helped and he needs it to get better. We stayed with him tonight pretty late. He had alot of company. His sister in law Jennifer, niece Stephanie, uncle Bob, cousin Sara, his friend Eric, Seans mother and I all got to visit with him for a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment